Measure Your Space
Accurate measurements as indicated in the measuring procedure are the key elements we
will need to plan your new kitchen. With this information, our specialists will be
able to help design the kitchen of your dreams!
Before any planning can start we must know the exact dimensions available to work with.
Using the measuring procedure illustrated, carefully prepare a simple floor plan of your
Your completed floor plan should resemble the diagram shown below. Make sure you
show exact locations of doors, windows, hood vents, exhaust, gas line, water line, drains,
switches, outlets, light fixtures, and heat vents. Double check all measurements.
Using a tape measure and graph paper, measure as outlined below.
1. Measure from wall to wall at 36" height.
2. Measure from corner to window or door opening.
3. Measure across opening from trim edge to trim edge.
4. Measure from edge of trim to far wall. Compare sum of #2, #3 and #4
measurements to step #1.
5. Mark exact location of water, drain, gas lines and electrical outlets and
switches on drawing.
6. Measure from wall to wall above window and compare to #1.
7. Measure from floor to window sill.
8. Measure from window sill to top of window.
9. Measure from top of window to ceiling.
10. Measure from floor to ceiling – Compare to sum of #7, #8 and #9.